DACA Renewal Process begins!
USCIS announced on June 5, 2014 that it has started accepting DACA renewal requests:
(1) USCIS will accept ONLY the new edition of Form I-821D (06/04/14), whether you are submitting a renewal or an initial request. The previous edition (06/25/13) will no longer be accepted.
(2) In order to be eligible for renewal, you have to meet the following:
----- You have not departed the U.S. since 08-15-2012 (unless you received Advance Parole from USCIS);
----- Since you submitted your most recent DACA request, you are continuously residing in the U.S.; and
----- Since you submitted your most recent DACA request, you are maintaining a clean background (no felony; no serious misdemeanor).
(3) Along with the new Form I-821D, you have to also submit Forms I-765 and I-765WS to renew your Employment Authorization.
(4) The renewal fee is the same as the initial fee: $465.
(5) USCIS will NOT accept renewal requests more than 5 months before the expiration of your current DACA. Therefore, it is recommended that a renewal request be submitted 4 to 4.5 months before the expiration.